We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other users collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, users between the ages of 21 and 25 who live in Irvine, CA) and other non-personal information about our users for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, and advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we will share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than EON Reality) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other EON Reality Users
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other users. In most EON Reality apps, if you interact through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your app activity. Similarly, in many EON Reality apps, other users, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. For example, in EON Experience AVR, any other player may see your user profile if you are on the same lesson. In certain cases, your profile photo, can reveal your social network ID or EON Reality user ID, and access to a social network ID or EON Reality user ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or EON Reality account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or EON Reality’s communication channels.
Third Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
- When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your in-app and/or in-game play (for example, your level and session length);
- The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience);
- Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
You can access our Cookies Policy here.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by EON Reality or the social network through which you are using EON Reality’s apps.
If you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information for help. Please note, we are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and EON Reality may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of EON Reality and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service;
- Where we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
EON Reality apps or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that is hosted by an offer wall provider. The offer wall allows third party advertisers to provide virtual currency to players in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those advertisers. These offers are not made by EON Reality. These offers may be shown to you based on certain technical information, like your geographic area or de-identified demographic information. After clicking on one of these offers, you will no longer be on a site hosted by EON Reality or the social network through which you are using EON Reality’s apps. To properly credit player accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your social network ID or EON Reality user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
We will share your information with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. These kinds of data are anonymised and aggregated before processing and sharing, with sensitive data deleted to prevent transfer. If removing identifiable details is not possible, we will not share data unless and until we have received specific, written and tangible consent.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Your information may also be disclosed as follows:
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- To send you a newsletter, where you have opted in to receive these and have had the opportunity within each subsequent newsletter communication to opt out