Cloud-based AVR Platform enables non-technical users to easily develop and distribute AVR knowledge applications with contextual knowledge provided by AI and IoT
IRVINE, CA, April 3, 2017 – EON Reality Inc., the world leader in Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer for industry, education, and edutainment, announces the release of new features for the EON AVR Platform that enhance key functionality and improves on Augmented and Virtual Reality application creation for non-technical users: IoT integration, enhanced features for Enterprise customers, enhanced multi-user support, and features to support spatial tracking for Microsoft’s Hololens and Google Tango.
This additional functionality improves upon the man machine interface as data and control of remote devices can be pushed to EON Reality’s AVR Platform to enable visualization or operation depending on application. Enterprise offerings include Enterprise Virtual Training (EVT) functionality, which allows for monitored virtual training by an instructor integrated with backend enterprise systems, and an enterprise version of the AVR platform designed for the needs of corporations. The AVR Platform also includes support for next generation tracking technologies which power markerless Augmented Reality. This enables the AVR Platform to position Augmented Reality objects in the middle of the room or add annotations to real world objects.
The EON AVR Platform has also add-on options for Artificial Intelligence and Geo-positioning to create unique knowledge transfer applications that illuminate the world with contextual information or Virtual Reality applications that let students and trainees learn faster, remember longer, and decide better.
“It’s our goal at EON Reality to make Virtual reality and Augmented Reality app development easy for non-technical users,” said Mats Johansson, CEO of EON Reality. “Based on our 18 years of VR and simulation experience along with the in-depth understanding of customer needs we have developed a new version of EON AVR Platform that captures the key functionalities required by Enterprise and Academic users. This allows trainers, teachers and segment matter experts to develop AVR apps themselves in an easy and efficient way.”
The cloud based EON AVR Platform enables users to develop, run, manage, access, store, host, and distribute AVR applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure associated with developing an Augmented or Virtual Reality app.
Applications developed using the AVR platform provide an efficient man-machine knowledge transfer interface through the smart cooperation of users, AI, cloud computing, and the internet of things. Segment Application Support is built into the AVR Platform to address the specific needs across various industries including aerospace, education, edutainment, energy, government, manufacturing, medical, real estate, retail, security, sports and tourism.
Hardware agnostic AR and VR Publishing supports more than 30 systems allowing applications to scale from “Phone to Dome.” AVR content can be privately or publicly published on tablets, smart phones (iOS, Android), VR Mobile Devices (Google Cardboard, Zeiss ONE, Samsung VR Gear, Google Tango, etc.), AR Glasses (ODG, Epson, HoloLens, etc.) and other EON Reality Immersive Products.
“In order to increase knowledge transfer efficiency and productivity we firmly believe that the combination of man and machine outperform either working alone,” said Dan Lejerskar, Chairman of EON Reality. “Augmented and Virtual Reality is a powerful knowledge transfer medium as it delivers the visual information at the right time and in the ideal format significantly reducing the time needed to acquire knowledge. We have purposefully designed the new EON AVR platform’s features to strengthen the connection between man and machines and leveraging the knowledge provided by AI and IoT enabled devices. The EON AVR Platform also uses AR as a visual interface for IoT, builds AR 3D annotations connected with physical objects, and uses Artificial Intelligence for faster generation of contextual AVR instructions.”
EON Reality’s new AVR Platform components make Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality app development easy for non-technical users.
Core Platform Components
- The Enterprise Virtual Trainer is a VR HMD Training Simulator that enables users to administer training remotely through web and collaborate with trainee with VOIP, touch or mouse. Integration to SAP/Oracle with LMS / LRS using SCORM/ Xapi is supported
- EON Creator AVR 2.0 Enterprise and EON Creator AVR 2.0 Education easy content creation builder empowers non-technical users to create compelling AR and VR applications.
- EON Coliseum AVR Multi-user allows users to be immersed and collaborate inside the same experience (AR or VR) and interact remotely through web with both content and each other’s via gaze, VOIP, VR controller.
- The AR, VR, Mobile, and 360 Enterprise and Education framework support interactive 3D objects/environments and CGI or interactive 360 videos with AVR functionality
- EON Experience AVR Library consists of VR and AR apps and models for various industries including Aerospace, Education (such as vocational training, anatomy, biology, geography, history, physics and astronomy), Edutainment, Energy, Government, Manufacturing, Medical, Real Estate, Retail, Security and Sports
- AR Knowledge Injection allows users to take the context aware knowledge with them in the field and instantly inject it when need it through AR assisted by AI & IOT empowered computers
- EON IOT permits the use of Augmented Reality as a Visual Interface for IOT
- AR 3D Annotation supports non-technical user’s creation of 3D annotations on the spot that are connected through AR with a physical object or environment. The AR 3D Annotation supports text, voice, video and EON Creator AVR generated 3D content
- EON GEO Geo-positional Augmented Reality that turns any location into an opportunity for knowledge transfer
- Assessment and Analytics
- EON AI Link Artificial intelligence & advanced image recognition enables faster generation of contextual AVR guidelines attached to physical objects and environments
- LMS Link Learning Management System link
- CMS Link Content Management System link
- Interactive 360 Apps EON Explorer Framework For non-technical users to Easy Interactive 360 Applications
- Language Localization of the front end of the platform to local language.
- White Label Platform and customized branding of the front end of the platform
- Hosting Deployment Service on AWS cloud service in a secure and efficient way in the cloud with option to host the Platform on Customer hosting location as a private service inside the firewall
- Custom AVR apps creation development support through EON Reality’s Interactive Digital Center (IDC) and Qualified Partners Factories where VR AR experts and subject matter experts create new apps
Development Tools & Security
- EON Professional development tool provides an AR/VR advanced development environment that is data input agnostic (360 Video, 360 Image, 3D CAD, 3D Animation, 3D Scan, GIS & MRI), programs interactions with visual interface and is AR VR output agnostic publishing to more than 30 systems from “Phone to Dome”
- EON SDK with API access, Access to API for any type of interaction including databases and other hardware devices
- EON Raptor Data Import
- Secure Encrypted Storage of Data
About EON Reality
EON Reality is the world leader in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) based knowledge transfer for industry, education, and edutainment. EON Reality’s success is tied to its belief that knowledge is a human right and should be available, accessible, and affordable for every human on the planet. To carry this out, EON Reality, since 1999, has developed the de-facto standard for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer software that supports devices from mobile phones to large immersive domes. EON Reality’s global app development network, with twenty-two locations worldwide, has created the world’s leading AR/VR library for knowledge transfer with over 7,000 applications. Over 36 million people worldwide have downloaded these applications. For further information, visit www.eonreality.com.