With no programming required for content creation, EON Creator AVR empowers workers to improve their performance, improve safety, and increase efficiency in the workplace
IRVINE, CA, May 3rd, 2016 – EON Reality Inc., the world leader in Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer for industry, education, and edutainment, announces EON Creator AVR for Industry which leverages EON Reality’s AVR platform to create Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) training and operations applications without programming. By combining AR and VR together with a large industry related component library and assessment database, companies can build “on demand” training and “smart worker” applications to boost employee performance while improving safety.
With the next generation of Augmented Reality glasses now being delivered, companies and their workforces are in great need of AR applications that can bring real-time contextual information into their day to day operations. EON Creator AVR for Industry allows users to overlay AR step by step instructions on how to perform their tasks and displays data from network enabled devices. With no programming required, apps created on EON Creator AVR can be built and deployed by subject matter experts in the field and can begin to benefit the workforce right away.
AR contextual information to enhance MRO and training in an industrial setting.
Today, 2.5 billion workers are not supported by IT in their daily work, and, for example, industries such as construction and manufacturing spend less than 2% of their revenue on IT. Low cost AR and VR solutions can improve worker performance and safety as well as unlock untapped potential in a whole host of industries. To bring advanced training and information to workers globally, EON Creator AVR supports tablets, smart phones, VR headsets, and AR glasses.
Jobs big and small will benefit from EON Creator AVR’s ability to create on demand applications for industry
“There will be 21 billion connected devices by 2020,” said Mats Johansson, CEO of EON Reality. “This rapid growth in connected devices, combined with the advances in Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Computing, will give humanity access to so much actionable data that the current man/machine interface is inadequate. EON Creator AVR can create on demand Augmented Reality applications that gather data from these ‘smart’ devices for visual maintenance repair operation (MRO) for the smart worker.”
“Our Global 1000 customers have wanted an easy to use AR and VR content creation platform that normal employees can use, without programming experience, to bring products and procedures to life,” said Dan Lejerskar, Chairman of EON Reality. “ With EON Creator AVR, training, maintenance, and repair procedures can be delivered in a contextual fashion when and where workers need them. EON Creator AVR’s intuitive content building combined with AR and VR’s superior knowledge transfer capacity empowers workers to learn and collaborate with others to learn faster, remember longer, and make better decisions.”
EON Creator AVR’s drag and drop functionality allows users to quickly add interactions, different behaviors, and physics to AR/VR building blocks. These 3D models and 3D scenes are either imported from the customer’s existing CAD models or pulled from EON Reality’s extensive Augmented and Virtual Reality Industrial library. These building blocks can then be further enhanced with external media such as YouTube videos, Wikipedia entries, PowerPoint slides, and more.
Augmented Reality is the next generation of man/machine interface and will enable the workforce of the future to leverage advances in IoT, AI, and Cloud Computing.
Here are just a few examples of the Industry version of EON Creator AVR’s functionality:
- One step 3D CAD import (EON Professional CAD Formats, Colada, Sketchfab, and 3D models)
- One step 360 video instruction MRO recording
- 3D object equipment selection from EON Experience Industry library (8000 AVR models and Apps)
- Annotation creation for 3D objects and 360 videos (text, audio, 360 video, 360 images, 3D)
- Explore mode feature selection intro, explode, transparency, disassemble, dissect, annotations, media
- Training mode feature selection intro, name, locate, build, dissect, disassemble, quiz, seek and find
- Smart worker geo position and AR tracking module for AR Smart Worker contextual instructions
- AR step-by-step instructions guided Smart Worker MRO assistance instructions and AVR objects with encapsulated media screens (youtube, wikipedia, chrome)
- Progress map generation points and certification awards
- Challenge and competition features
- Training curriculum creation (links strings of apps in specific subjects)
- 3D training scene creation with multiple objects (based on a mixed technique of the PC based EON Creator and EON World Builder)
- LMS assessment module (training delivering, monitoring, assessment and coaching)
EON Creator AVR is also integrated to EON Coliseum, a multi-user AR/VR platform that provides Smart Workers with the following additional functionality:
- Environments: 3D objects, 360 videos and 3D Scenes
- Interaction: via gaze, VOIP, VR controller
- Configurable avatars
- Workshop coliseum lab (participants from one physical location)
- Worldwide coliseum (participants from different physical locations)
The official launch of the Industry version of EON Creator AVR is expected in the fourth quarter of 2016. Meanwhile during the second quarter, EON Reality will conduct initiate a selected number of pilot projects with key clients and partners to secure customer feedback and validate the benefits of the Smart Worker AVR features.
About EON Reality
EON Reality is the world leader in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) based knowledge transfer for industry, education, and edutainment. EON Reality’s success is tied to its belief that knowledge is a human right and should be available, accessible, and affordable for every human on the planet. To carry this out, EON Reality, since 1999, has developed the de-facto standard for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer software that supports devices from mobile phones to large immersive domes. EON Reality’s global app development network, with twenty-two locations worldwide, has created the world’s leading AR/VR library for knowledge transfer with over 7,000 applications. Over 36 million people worldwide have downloaded these applications. For further information, visit www.eonreality.com.