SCHOOL START DATE: JANUARY 13, 2020
WITH THE LATEST AR & VR SYSTEMS
Housed on the UNMC campus in Omaha, NE, the VRIA provides a comprehensive curriculum incorporating two stages of training and application. The first stage provides 16 weeks of theoretical and practical training. The second stage focuses on project-based training and application. The learners will develop skills to create AR/VR applications for many diverse fields, such as health care, architecture, and product visualization.
The course requires a commitment to training throughout the duration of the certificate program. Course participants will learn from experts in the field of AR/VR and will develop and enhance their skills through real-world projects curated from varied market segments.
Selected candidates, 18 years of age or older, will be highly motivated, with an aptitude for developing creative digital content. A degree in computer science, gaming, visual arts, digital media (or similar) is ideal but not essential.
iEXCEL and EON Reality host monthly Open Houses for those interested in learning more about the EON Reality Virtual Reality Innovation Academy. Register for an Open House today!
Stage 1 – Theoretical and practical training – 16 weeks
- General knowledge on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality
- Project management tools and techniques while working on AR and VR immersive projects
- Development of 2D and 3D visual assets
- Modelling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation of the assets for AR and VR applications
- Interactive application development basic and advance
- Scripting and programming techniques within interactive application development
- Development and deployment of the VR applications for immersive systems
- Creation mobile 3D applications with VR and AR functionality
- Publishing applications for Android, iOS and for EON Studio based educational platforms
Stage 2 – Project based training – 33 weeks
- Collaborative work in multi-skilled groups
- Student’s individual development path via experience working on projects
- Idea promotion and incubation of the creativity
- Support the operations of global production
- Team building exercises
- Mentoring to assist with CV preparation and interview skills for possible recruitment with EON Reality or beyond
- Entrepreneurship development