SPRING 2019 SESSIONS
Overview: The following AR/VR Developer Series are offered over four weeks to help engage potential participants, community and university stakeholders in the startup of offering a VR Innovation Academy at UMKC.
Session 1- Week 1: Innovation and Augmented and Virtual Reality March 4-7, 5:30-8:30 pm M-Th
Session 2- Week 2: Introduction to Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications April 1-4, 5:30-8:30 pm M-Th
Session 3 – Week 3: Creating Learning Content using Creator AVR April 22-25, 5:30-8:30 pm M-Th
Session 4- Week 4: Implementing VR and AR in your Business May 6-9, 5:30-8:30 pm M-Th
To learn more about the Spring Sessions, come to one of the open houses, attendance is fee but you need to sign up for a time slot to attend.
The VR Innovation Academy teaches the skills needed to be successful in creating Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality content and applications for industry and training. The ability to perform many of the cross-disciplinary functions for AR/VR and interactive digital media is dependent on being creative while also having a firm understanding of the underlying technology. These skills enable students to work in architecture and product visualization, game creation, multimedia design, and broadcast media.
This program is suited to energetic and enthusiastic individuals who have both a passion to succeed and a ‘can do’ attitude. The selected candidates will be highly motivated with an aptitude for developing creative and interactive digital content. A degree in computer science, gaming, visual arts, digital media, or similar is ideal but not essential.
Five seats have been reserved for industry participants in the inaugural class. Learn more.
START DATE: AUGUST 20, 2019
WITH THE LATEST AR & VR SYSTEMS
Stage 1 – Theoretical and practical training – 4 months
- General knowledge on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality
- Project management tools and techniques while working on AR and VR immersive projects
- Development of 2D and 3D visual assets
- Modelling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation of the assets for AR and VR applications
- Interactive application development basic and advance
- Scripting and programming techniques within interactive application development
- Development and deployment of the VR applications for immersive systems
- Creation mobile 3D applications with VR and AR functionality
- Publishing applications for Android, iOS and for EON Studio based educational platforms
Stage 2 – Project based training – 6 months
- Collaborative work in multi-skilled groups
- Student’s individual development path via experience working on projects
- Idea promotion and incubation of the creativity
- Support the operations of global production
- Team building exercises
- Mentoring to assist with CV preparation and interview skills for possible recruitment with EON Reality or beyond
- Entrepreneurship development